Projects approved under the financial agreement on the national IPA programme 2010
All IPA 2010 projects will directly benefit Serbia’s economic development, the European integration process and everyday lives of Serbian citizens. The European Union will provide 174 million euros for 28 new projects. Two billion euros have been invested in Serbia so far.
Serbian Deputy Prime Minister for European integration Bozidar Djelic and Head of Delegation of the European Union to Serbia Ambassador Vincent Degert have signed a financial agreement between the Serbian Government and the European Union for the IPA National Programme, Component 1 – assistance in the transition and institution building in 2010. The agreement was signed at the Nis Town Hall and the signing was attended by the Mayor of Nis Milos Simonovic.
Under the agreement, 28 projects whose total value amounts to 174 million euros have been approved, and the funding is provided from the EU grant for Serbia. All projects will directly benefit Serbia’s economic development, the European integration process and everyday lives of Serbian citizens. The funds will be used for the programmes of support for the local infrastructure (€31 million), development of infrastructure in higher education (€25 million), and the support programme for South and Southwest Serbia (€13.7 million). Ten million euros are envisaged for the monitoring of road construction works on Corridor No. 10, whilst 10.5 million euros will be used to enable switching from the analogue to the digital radio and TV broadcast.
The EU assistance has helped cover the burning issues for Serbian citizens, said Djelic, and special attention has been paid to South and Southwest Serbia, he pointed out.
Ambassador Degert said that to the amount of 174 million euros another 12 million euros will be added from the youth programme. He underlined that the signing of the agreement demonstrated extraordinary cooperation with the Government and all Serbian authorities and added that the aim of the Union implemented actions all over Serbia, not only in Belgrade. Degert recalled that the EU had so far invested about two billion euros in Serbia and that it planed to invest another billion euros in the next five years.
Degert particularly emphasised the importance of infrastructure building in the energy sector, the construction of overhead power lines from Nis to the southern parts of Serbia and the establishment of a market that complies with the requests laid down in the European Community energy agreement. He pointed out the significance of the road and railway infrastructure to Greece and Bulgaria, whilst his hosts informed him about the plans to move the Nis railway junction to another location, which will be partly funded under the agreement.
During the visit to Nis, Ambassador Degert and Mayor Simonovic signed a financial agreement under which dairy plants in Nis district will get support for the production of milk and milk products. The agreement was signed at the dairy plant Niska mlekara. The funds amounting to 300,000 euros will be allocated to the members of the Southern Cheeses cluster.
Support to implementation of Public Administration Reform process (206 kB)
- Support to preparation of IPA component III (132 kB)
- Municipal Infrastructure Support programme – MISP 2010 (209 kB)
- Support to the Ministry of Finance – Treasury Administration capacity building (131 kB)
- Project against Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing in Serbia (207 kB)
- Further Alignment of Penal system of Republic of Serbia with EU standards and strengthening alternative sanction system (153 kB)
- Support to Civil Society (154 kB)
Higher Education Teaching Infrastructure Programme (129 kB)
- European South and South West Serbia Support Programme – ESSWeSP (452 kB)
- Development of Palliative Care Services in the Republic of Serbia (264 kB)
- Implementation of Strategy for fight against drugs-supply reduction component (216 kB)
- Integrated Innovation Support Programme (224 kB)
- Removal of Unexploded ordinances (UXO) from the Danube River (194 kB)
- Preparation of the necessary documentation for river training and dredging works on selected locations along the Danube River (154 kB)
- Supervision of road construction works on the Corridor X (126 kB)
- Assistance to the digital broadcasting switchover in Serbia (312 kB)
- Capacity building of institutions involved in migration management and reintegration of returnees in the Republic of Serbia (132 kB)
- Establishment of Efficient System for Prevention and Suppression of Illegal Migrations on the Territory of the Republic of Serbi (361 kB)
- Strengthening of the Serbian market surveillance system for non-food and food products (171 kB)
- Institutional Capacity Building and Support to Agriculture and Rural Development in Serbia (156 kB)
- Establishment of the Serbian Farm Accountancy Data Network (FADN) (157 kB)
- Equipment and courier service supply and capacity building of Serbian National Referent Laboratories Directorate in food chain (160 kB)
- Strengthening the Serbian Environmental Inspectorate and Relevant Stakeholders (204 kB)
- Follow up technical assistance to Srbijagas (118 kB)
- Construction of Substation 400/110 Kv Vranje-4 & Leskovac-2 (140 kB)
- Implementation of Energy Component of the National Strategy for Sustainable Development (138 kB)
- Project Preparation Facility (48 kB)